Are you tired of the same old hotel experience when you travel? Do you crave a home-away-from-home that offers all the comfort and privacy you're looking for?
It's no longer necessary to stay in a tiny hotel room without feeling homesick. With the rise of innovative platforms like Airbnb, booking.com, and more, short-term rentals have become the go-to choice for travellers seeking a unique and personalised experience. For property owners, holiday homes offer an attractive investment opportunity with high rental yields and flexibility.
But what exactly is a short-term rental? And why should you consider them for your next trip or investment opportunity?
Short-term rentals are rental properties leased for a short period. Depending on your needs, this could range from a few days to a few months. Ideal for tourists looking for a staycation or residents looking for a local holiday. In recent years, it's also attracted a lot of businessmen/women. Holiday homes are fully furnished and equipped with modern amenities, including Wi-Fi, TV, and toiletries. Holiday homes can be an excellent option for people who need flexibility and convenience when travelling or working in a new city. They can also be a fantastic investment opportunity for property owners looking to generate rental income.
Benefits of Short-term rentals for guests;
- Affordability: Short-term rentals in Dubai are often less expensive than hotels, making it an ideal option for budget-conscious tourists.
- Privacy: Guests benefit from privacy where they can relax, work or socialise without interruptions.
- Space: Short-term rentals offer more space than a typical hotel room, with separate living areas and kitchen facilities, making it easier for guests to feel at home.
- Amenities: Many short-term rentals in Dubai offer a range of amenities, such as free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, washing machines, and fully equipped kitchens, making it more convenient for guests as well as being more cost-saving.
- Flexibility: Guests can book short-term rental apartments daily, weekly or monthly, allowing them to tailor their accommodation to their specific needs.
- Location: Short-term rentals in Dubai can be found in popular areas, such as Downtown, Marina, Palm Jumeirah or close to other tourist attractions, giving easy access to all the city has to offer.
- Personalised service: Hosts often provide personalised service for guests, helping them with directions and recommendations for local attractions, restaurants and shopping.
- Home-style experience: Short-term rentals offer a home-style experience, allowing guests to live like a local, cook their meals, and experience the city from a more authentic perspective. (Home Away From Home)
Benefits of Short-term rentals for landlords;
- Higher rental income: Short-term rentals can generate higher rental income as they usually are priced at a premium, particularly during peak seasons.
- Flexibility: Short-term rentals give landlords in Dubai more flexibility regarding when they want to rent out their property and for how long, giving them more control over their rental income.
- Reduced vacancy periods: Short-term rentals generally have shorter vacancy periods in comparison to long-term rentals, as there is a high demand for temporary accommodation in Dubai. As a result, tourists or individuals visiting Dubai opt for short-let options ( in particular, those who do not have a permanent resident visa)
- Fewer legal complications: Short-term rentals in Dubai are subject to fewer legal complications than long-term rentals, as they fall under the Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) regulations.
- Opportunity for property promotion: Short-term rentals allow landlords to promote their properties through various online platforms such as Air BnB, Booking.com etc., which can attract many potential tenants.
- Control over property usage: Landlords can retain control over their property usage by setting rules and restrictions for short-term tenants, ensuring that their property is well-maintained.
- Flexibility to use the property: Short-term rentals allow landlords in Dubai or those living overseas to use their property when needed rather than being tied to a long-term lease or staying in a hotel when visiting Dubai.
- Lower risk: Short-term rentals in Dubai have lower risks of tenant defaults and non-payment, as landlords receive payment upfront and have more control over their tenants.
So, whether you are travelling for business or leisure or investing in property, short-term rentals can offer a unique and rewarding experience. So why not give it a try and see the benefits for yourself?